This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit one of our websites, or when you use our products. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information.
Your privacy matters
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of one of our products.
- We don’t sell any of your personal information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide access and support for our products, to communicate with you, or to improve our products.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us (such as purchasing a product) and automatically through operating our products (such as activating a product license on your website).
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our products. For example, we collect information to authenticate a license activation and provide plugin updates. We use this information to provide our product Updates to you, as well as get insights on how people use our products.
- License Activation Information: When you enter and activate a license within your WordPress website, we collect information to authenticate and provide software updates for that website. This information includes the license key, ACF version, WordPress version, website name, website URL, website language and timezone.
- Log Information: Like most website operators, we collect information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our products to you. For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide plugin updates, or charge you for any of our paid products;
- To further develop our products. For example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our products, which helps us improve our products and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Product, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Hookturn and others;
- To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To communicate with you and provide customer support.
- To personalise your experience using our products, provide content recommendations and serve relevant content.
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our products to you (like payment providers that process your credit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our products (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Hookturn, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties who are able to help solve a support ticket, such as your website’s host.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile and comments are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorised intrusion into our system that affects you in any way, then Hookturn will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
Our payment processing vendors (Stripe and PayPal) use security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us email@example.com.
Accuracy and Retention of Data
We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our products. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
We will give an individual access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend or delete the information we hold about them by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual from our servers at your request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Information.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our products – for example, paid, premium plugins – may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.